We understand how distressing it can be to see how a terminal illness is affecting a loved one. That’s where we can help; by providing specialist palliative care support so your family can make the most of your time together.
Benefits of palliative care at home with us.
One of the main benefits of receiving palliative care at home is that it allows your loved ones to spend their last months, weeks, and days in the place where they feel most at ease and safe: their home. This places them in the company of someone they know and trust whilst receiving palliative care. As well as being reassuring for the person receiving care, knowing this can give peace of mind to families and close friends too. Because of this, palliative care and hospice care are often synonymous with each other.
Having care at Della Bella Care Services Limited of a hospital or hospice means less disruption for everybody.
You can also be reassured that the person providing care is assessed to high standards and given specific palliative care training, enabling them to provide practical and emotional support to you all.
The options for palliative care at home with Della Bella Care Services Limited
Palliative care at home
While some receive palliative care at an inpatient hospice or residential nursing home, it is becoming an increasingly popular choice to get access to palliative care at home. Many individuals want to stay in an environment where they feel most comfortable as a way of managing emotional responses to their symptoms; it’s often referred to as hospice care at home.
- Personal care such as assistance with bathing, dressing and toileting
- Continence care, whether it is changing continence pads or managing a stoma or catheter
- Medication support including prompts or administering medication, even the more complex prescriptions
- Support with pain management
- Help moving around the home, whether it is gentle support or hoisted transfers
- Assisted living through housekeeping duties such as vacuuming, dusting, changing beds or doing the laundry
- Preparing meals to your tastes, and washing up afterwards
- Caring for your pet including feeding and walking
- Running errands to collect prescriptions or food shopping
- Companionship and supporting your independent living at home